19.4.07

Teluk Pulai branch in Puchong... Bak Kut Teh

The entire of Malaysia is full of Bak Kut Teh shops and stalls. People just love this unique and tasty local creation.

In Grandpa Bak Kut Teh, the origin of the delicacy been discussed. In Vege Bak Kut Teh, we see another creative piece of work derived from our grandpa grandma recipe. I also mentioned I love the side dish chicken feet in Ah Seng Bak Kut Teh. Now, I would like to share my love of rice in this Teluk Pulai Bak Kut Teh branch in Puchong.



We Asian love rice. When I asked my colleague, who is a "Mat Salleh" from OZ what is his favourite food in Malaysia. He said he see everybody here eat rice everyday, rice should be the most popular food here. That is also why KFC put rice in their menu lately.

But can you finish your dishes because of rice and not the other way round? Or can you keep adding rice while keep telling yourself this is the last bowl that day because of your diet concern? I did that in Teluk Pulai and that bowl of starch keep pulling me there. I just could not figure out how they cook it so nice.



Oh! Their meat bone soup also up to the standard.



They serve asam fish also. But I thought the taste was too strong and too hot and it mess up with the herb soup of Bak Kut Teh. Asam fish and Bak Kut Teh do not match well, for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

direction plz!!! hehehe

Mark said...

Oh! Direction... mnn... opposite the DHL building and very near the Tractor building. Corner shop at the trafic light junction at DHL. :)